I was surprised and delighted (and inspired) to discover that I’d been nominated for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” by writer and artist, Uvi Pozansky. She’s on Facebook as well, under Uvi Art Gallery where you can see more of her fabulous art.
It is especially gratifying to receive this award as I have not been blogging regularly lately. Instead, I’ve been catching up on some reading, wrestling with an essay idea for a Brevity magazine contest, circling that novel idea I hatched during NaNoWriMo, as well as taking flights of fancy on what to do for my birthday this year. Thanks, Uvi for inspiring me in so many ways and for nominating me.
The rules of the award are as follows:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you. Accomplished in paragraph one.
2. Post the award image to your page. See above.
3. Share 7 facts about yourself. Hmmm. Here goes…
- I was an apprentice “window dresser” as a teenager.
- I love getting together with friends and/or family and cooking a meal together.
- I’m loyal to a fault, can’t help it.
- I could never have a relationship with anyone who doesn’t love animals.
- According to family lore, my German great-grandfather’s family owned a castle in the Black Forest region in Germany (he emigrated to South Africa).
- At six years old and again at eleven, I won Best Ballet Repertoire at an Eisteddfod held at the Women’s Guild Hall, in Nkana.
- I always wanted to be a professional dancer.
4. Nominate 15 other blogs and inform them about it. (I’m nominating 8). These are blogs that interest me. Please take the time to take a look; I think you’ll like what you see.